Tuesday 7 October 2014

#BLOGTOBER14 - Day 7

Helene in Between Blogtober

1 week in!

Day 7 - best and worst vacation

Interesting....and also difficult. I can think of quite a few best vacations (such an American word, it's great!) but not many worst ones!

BEST:
After much deliberation, I think my best holiday has to be...

Disneyland and Universal Studios, Orlando, Florida.

First time in the US, everything was so much bigger, Even the pavements! We saw a rocket launch, we saw loads of stuff at the parks, we discovered amazing drinks machines in fast food places, and we got drenched by sprinklers while waiting for a bus! It was an amazing holiday,  with amazing weather. I'd love to go back and do it all again!

WORST :
This is really hard. I don't think I've had a predominantly bad holiday...

I think I'm going to have to go with Orlando again, there were some aspects I Did not enjoy...

The flights.
From here in the uk, it takes 9 hours to fly to Florida. That's a long time to be in an enclosed space. The flight there was a day flight, I felt really naseous because I could smell this weird smell that ended up all over my hands and anything I touched felt oily and a bit sticky. My theory is that this was some sort of cleaning product that had been used to wipe down the tray tables, arms of the chair etc - I had never smelt anything like it before, and it made me feel so sick! I also smelt it at McDonalds in Orlando, which is why I think it's a cleaning product.
The little TVs that play movies on the plane weren't working amazingly, they kept cutting out, but the films would still be playing so you would miss chunks of it. Very distracting!

The flight home was a night flight, I was exhausted but was not able to get comfortable enough to sleep. At. All. Crying and feeling very sorry for myself ensued. Overtiredness is not fun!

There was also the cockroaches...Didn't see many, but sure wish I hadn't seen any at all.

Orlando was both my best and worst holiday for different reasons, but overall it was great. I'm looking forward to reading your best/worst holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment