Tuesday 14 October 2014

#BLOGTOBER14 - Day 14

Helene in Between Blogtober

Day 14 - Funniest Childhood Memory

The first thing that pops into my head is one year I had a birthday sleepover with two friends staying over. I must have been 7 or 8 at the time, and my sister was still a baby, around 1 or 2. 

We were sat playing cards, and betting mini eggs and starburst - we split the pack between us, and would put them into the middle. Whomever won the round took the sweets in the middle. I think the game we were playing was 7 card rummy.

Anyway, we were sat playing this game in a circle, and BabySisterbell was sat with us not actually playing but we were including her. As the rounds went on, we started to notice that the sweets and in the middle started to get tiny teethmarks in them, and the mini eggs were cracked and slightly melted. 

As we watched, Sisterbell slowly reached over, picked up a mini egg, bit it, and carefully put it back. We all cracked up and couldn't stop laughing, which only encouraged Sisterbell who started to giggle and did it again. What made it funnier, was that we had been eating them too, not realising that they had already been in someones tiny chops!

It may not seem funny to anyone else, but to us, that night, it was the funniest thing we had ever seen. I still struggle not to laugh out loud when I think about it now, 15 years later.

Thank you blogtober for inspiring me to re-live this memory and chuckle to myself while on the train to work.


Tomorrow: Favourite quote and why

No comments:

Post a Comment