Wednesday 29 October 2014

#BLOGTOBER14 - Day 29

Helene in Between Blogtober

Day 29
Most Embarrassing Moment

Oh gosh I don't know...there have been a few.

At one of my cousins weddings a few years ago (I must have been about 13 ish) I was asked to read something during the service. I hadn't been to any sort of rehearsal, I was literally asked on the day to read. I agreed, and was instructed to go up at the same time as the two bridesmaids.

I was nervous, and I saw the bridesmaids get up. So I got up and walked up the aisle to join them. The Father doing the service gave me a bit of an odd look, and I couldn't work out why. Then I heard my Great Aunt calling my name, and waving me back to the pews.

Oh.

 It dawned on me that I must have done something wrong, so I scurried over and sat next to my Great Aunt. Turns out I went up at the complete wrong time.

Kill me now.

I was dying of embarrassment, I felt like I had ruined the wedding by getting it wrong. I got so upset with myself that I was crying for the rest of the wedding, and wasn't able to read the passage. I had to pass it onto another of my cousins.


I think this is one of the most acute cases of embarrassment I've ever experienced. It still fills me with shame and dread even now. I am in shock that I'm actually going to post this...



Link ups here:
heleneinbetween.com

No comments:

Post a Comment