Friday 2 January 2015

Resolutions - Old and New

It’s a new year – time to reflect on the goals I set myself at the beginning of 2014!

1. Lose a minimum of 2 stone by the end of July
Well, this was extended to the end of the year…as for how successful I was at it? Let’s say not very. From the beginning of the year to the end of the year I have lost a total of 5 pounds. Doesn’t sound like much, but let’s bear in mind that I was up and down a lot through this year, and the difference between my highest and lowest weight this year was 16 pounds. Rather a lot more…to be perfectly honest, I am glad I managed to actually lose some weight from Jan to the end of 2014. It’s the first year in at least 4 years that I haven’t gained weight so that’s a win to me!

2.       I will pass my driving test this year
I accomplished this in July – I am a fully licenced driver! A big tick for this one.

3.       I will manage my finances better – pay off some debt and amass some savings.
This one is a little trickier…I think I am more aware of my spending habits and consider purchases more before doing them. I did also put money aside this year for things like my car, a holiday, and general savings. I think this one is a partial success, but still a work in progress!

4.       I will look after my skin by moisturising and exfoliating more often
My skin has been much better this year – excluding the occasional outbreak! I don’t really have a skincare routine though, so I think this can still be improved. But again, a success.

5.       I will de-clutter my belongings

Umm…no, I didn’t do this at all. I still need to do it, and I have a to-do list a mile long with tasks pertaining to this!  Failure on this one.

3/5 resolutions is not bad at all! Yay me :) 

It's been a good year, and I've achieved more than I thought I had - which is a good thing. I'm looking forward to seeing what 2015 will bring.

On that note, I have a few resolutions for 2015!

1. I will go hair dye free for a year

2. I will get to the top of Ben Nevis

3. I will be able to run a 10k by the end of the year

4. I will be regularly wearing a UK size 16 by the end of the year

5. I will deep condition my hair once a month

Exciting things. I'm looking forward to working on these goals going forward :) :)

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment