Sunday 26 January 2014

Sleepy Sunday!

WHAT a week. Been a very busy bee recently! I'll give you a rundown...

Monday...

Arrived at work, and was thrown into going to London Toy Fair to set up because my colleague was not well! I had no idea what the plan was, and had to pretty much just wing it...it made for an interesting morning for sure! By the time I was back in the office most of the day was gone.

Tuesday...

Was not as eventful as Monday, the office was really quiet due to lots of people being on the stand at toy fair.

Wednesday...

Worked through a whole bunch of outstanding tasks that had been building up. the day went very fast, but got a lot done. After work I went to the gym, I was on the treadmill and attempting to jog, 90 second intervals between brisk walking. I was shattered by the time the half hour workout finished, so I got the bus to go home rather than staying for weight work...

Thursday...

Is the day me and my two admin colleagues were able to visit toy fair to have a look around. we pulled names out of a hat to see which two would go first, it was me and B, but there was a meeting in the afternoon that J needed to attend, so I bowed out and stayed in the office. once they had come back-with thrilling stories of toys and minions-I set off alone to toy fair. It was awesome, Really enjoyed wandering around looking at all of the stalls. One big disappointment was that due to being an 'exhibitor' the stand with loads of minion (as in, minions from Despicable Me) stuff wouldn't let me look at it! I LOVE minions, I even have a minion phone case. But alas, no dice. However, when I got back around to that stall the minions were out! Definitely got my picture taken with those little cuties!

Minions and myself! 

I have to say, even though it was really cool, it would have been a bit more fun if I was able to go around with someone. I was originally meant to go back to the office, but I ended up staying, having a free massage and bottle of wine with the sales managers. a very good afternoon at work! I helped pack up and get the boxed loaded onto the van, then accompanied the van back to the office to unload. Once all this was finished, it was 7.30pm. Leaving me with a long journey to the boyfriend's house (as I was staying the night there).

I finally got back to my hometown, and was waiting at the bus stop. a random guy decided to talk to me, he was a little drunk, and seemed to want to know my life story. Freaky much? So I was moving away from him, and ended missing my bus because of that. Thanks Ian the Random Guy. Tried and failed to get money out for a taxi - the cash machine wasn't working. Next step, get on the train and hop over to the town MrMan lives in, and bus/taxi from there. walked up to the bus stop, got there at the time the bus was supposed to, but it didn't come. the roads were super quiet, so I figured it had already passed the stop. decided to start walking, and find a taxi number while doing so. Once I had found the number, the operator answered, and did a call out to the taxis to see if anyone was available. no-one responded to her, so she came back onto the phone and simply said "I haven't got anyone in that area, bye" and hung up. Awesome. 40 minute walk in the dark & cold for me then. finally reached the BF's at about 11ish...

Friday...

The day did not start very well. Missed the bus I was going to get, the next one got me to the bus station not long before my train. 5 min walk to get to the station, I got there just as my train was pulling away. So I missed the train as well. Luckily, the next train would still get me in on time. Quite a normal day at work, though I did manage to make J cry with laughter. I don't even know how...I think we were all just going a bit loopy with end-of-the-week-itis. Had a mad rush to get some packages ready for Nuremberg Toy Fair (Germany) had these ready JUST in time for the delivery man to pick them up. And later realised there was one more box that needed to be sent. Oops. Luckily the courier was still able to come and pick the box up under a different reference number. Phew!

After all of this, the best part of the day happened. An evening out with two of my colleagues. we went for dinner in this awesome little restaurant in London Borough Market called the Banana Store. Very limited menu, but absolutely divine food. And wine. Happy days. We were meant to then go on to watch a musical-Candide-at Menier Chocolate Factory. I saw 'were' because we got there 3 minutes after the show had begun, and there weren't able to allow audience members in due to lots of backstage activity! Luckily, it is also a restaurant, so we had more wine, and a chocolate platter. Each. This part of the evening involved lots of giggling, and more laughter crying! We were able to go in to watch the second half after the interval. It was SO GOOD. I was totally gutted that we missed the first half. I would even consider getting tickets just so I can see the whole thing. I highly recommend watching it if you are in the area!

Overall, a highly enjoyable evening to end the work week with.

The Weekend...

I feel like I never stop! Saturday morning I had a driving lesson, during the day I took some time to relax a little, but then it was off traveling via bus to the boyfriends house, then to our friends house for drinking and a game of Cards Against Humanity (this is 'a card game for horrible people', according to the blurb on the box. SUCH a fun game. NSFW though...) which of course, was yet again another late night. Sunday, I had a bit of a lie in. It was glorious! then the BF and I met up with our friends and went to a shopping centre briefly, watched a film (at home, not cinema), then to Nandos.

After a very busy week, I am hoping this week will be a little calmer!

It won't be, but a girl can hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment