Saturday 28 December 2013

It's the little things...

That make me happy.

Just had a big dinner of pasta bake with meatballs, (yum) and then mum asks the question 'apple tart or jam roly poly?' I jumped up shouting 'jam roly poly and custard!!'. The prospect of eating a super yummy desert made me so happy.  I just had to write about it.

Clearly I have a food problem. Getting excited about a meal just proves this...

This got me thinking about desserts and what traditional holiday desserts other people have. Surely it isn't just my family that have special desserts... (excluding Christmas pudding and Christmas cake, of course)

Here's a few of my favorite Christmas desserts:

Jam roly poly (duh)

Apple crumble

Cheese and crackers (not technically a dessert, but I have it in the evening on Christmas day)

Birthday cake (mini-me's birthday is Christmas Eve, still counts as a holiday dessert, right?)

What are your favourite holiday desserts?

No comments:

Post a Comment