Thursday 22 June 2017

Catch Up - 12 Things Happening In My Life

I haven't been very active on here for a while! My last post was in January, so quite a few things have been happening. Here they are condensed down to a little list of 12...

1: My Birthday
February 12th was my birthday, I had a really lovely day with my other half, best friend & her partner. We call ourselves the fantastic four... It was a really relaxed day with food, films and friends. I made viennese whirls for the first time, and they were delicious!

2: Anniversary
Also on February 12th. To be honest I can't remember what we did, but it probably involved going out somewhere, food, and spending time together

3: Valentines
We don't tend to make a big deal of Valentines Day, as it follows both our anniversary and my birthday. But we always give each other a small gift and a card.

4: AAT
My level 2 accounting course has finished, I got 96% overall. Very proud of myself for this, and hoping to achieve similar results in level 3 - which started in September.

5: Vegetarian
For Lent, Andrew and I challenged ourselves to be vegetarian. It was a really easy transition, and when Easter came we decided to stay vegetarian. I don't miss eating meat at all, and I'm being much more creative with my cooking.  

6: Redundant
At the end of February I was made redundant. It was a really stressful time, and there was a lot of uncertainty around what I would do next. I worked for an additional week to tie up my work and hand it over to colleagues, while applying to all the jobs. Thankfully, I had loads of responses and a whirlwind couple of weeks full of meetings with recruiters and interviews. In the end I received 5 job offers within accounts.

7: New Job
My new role - Management Accounts Assistant. It is exactly what I was looking for, and I'm using skills learnt in my AAT course. There's a lot to learn and I have been enjoying the challenge. It's a big company, which has taken a little adjusting to on my part, but I have plenty of opportunities to learn from the management accounts team and ask a ton of questions. Plus, it's a pay rise AND a study package is included...basically the company will fund my accounting qualifications, wooo!

8: Dawn Breakers
Dawn Breakers is a 6-week exercise course, 6 am, 45 minutes, every weekday. It is intense, hard, and great all at once. I enjoyed doing this course and even signed up for another one, however I've didn't go to the classes that time around as I was way too exhausted! (See point 11 for why...)

9: Slimming World
I'm still going to Slimming World. I haven't quit yet even though I have been close to doing so. I'm finding it really difficult to stay on plan, and subsequently am not losing much weight. I want to do better.

10: Roller Derby
Also known as, the best thing ever. Roller Derby is a sport played on roller-skates. It's akin to rugby on roller-skates, minus the ball. I joined my local team in April, and have been learning a multitude of skating skills. Derby is really hard on my lower back, so I can't do as much as I would like to. I have to keep stopping to stretch out and ease the excruciating pain. The more weight I lose and the more skating i do the easier it will get, so there's another reason to get back on plan with SW.

11: Second Job
I had a second job. After leaving my full-time day job, I would go and clean offices for 2.5 hours every weekday evening. It's exhausting, but the extra money from doing this went towards saving to eventually buy a house. Maybe we'll be able to buy in the next 5 years...Ideally in the next two, but I'm not convinced it will happen that soon.

12: EGX
EGX is a gaming convention, I've been to it before, but not for the past couple of years. This year, I went up to Birmingham in September to go to it and try out new games with a group of friends. It was a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment